Our 3-step approach
1. 12 weeks’ full-time training offsite
12 weeks’ full-time and paid training in KWETB professional training kitchens (starting 13th September 2021)
- Programme is free to trainees and each will receive a salary
- Accommodation and meals provided in the Talbot Hotel Stillorgan for the 12-week period
- Complementary bus to and from Talbot Hotel Stillorgan to training kitchens each day
- Award Achieved - City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Culinary Skills. This is equivalent to a QQI Level 5 Award. See below for programme summary & module
- Diploma in Culinary Skills – Course Summary
- Chef Development Programme – Modules Description
2. On-the Job Training
- Learn & work on-the-job with a team of experienced chefs in your relevant Talbot Collection Hotel
- Full-time and salaried contract in your local Talbot Collection Hotel as a Junior Commis chef
- Minimum contract of 27 months
- Continuous development by way of on-the-job training and experience, as well as additional
- Opportunity to take part in the Level 6 National Commis Chef Programme.
3. Progress & Excel
- Work hard, progress and excel in your career as a chef with a growing, progressive and family-owned Irish company.
The finer details:
- 27-month contract to include, 3 months offsite training and minimum 24-month commitment to the Talbot Collection thereafter;
- Must be available to attend training centre in Bray/Wicklow full-time for a 12-week period, commencing 13th September;
- Full attendance required. More than 2 days of absence will result in automatic removal from the programme and the termination of your contract;
- Accommodation, meals and bus transfer provided from Talbot Stillorgan;
- Must be available to work 3 Saturdays during the 12-week period in your relevant Talbot Collection hotel;
- Must be in a position to take up full-time employment in your relevant Talbot Collection Hotel on completion of your 12 weeks off-site training;
- Must live within the proximity of a Talbot Collection Hotel and be able to commute to work /have own transport;
- Must be available to work flexibly in your relevant property, to include evenings and weekends;
What qualities will our trainees have?
- Be passionate about food and focused on pursuing a career as a chef.
- Be available and willing to commit to full-time employment with the Talbot Collection for a minimum of 27 months.
- Be hard-working and possess a positive can-do attitude.
- Be eager to learn and motivated by increased knowledge and progression.
- Have an advanced level of written and oral English.
- All classes, assessments and on-the-job training are completed in English.
To apply please click on the link for your preferred hotel from the list below and complete the application form.
Talbot Hotel Wexford Talbot Wexford Chef Development Programme
If you have queries, please contact Aoife Sambou, HR at firstname.lastname@example.org
Talbot Hotel Carlow Talbot Carlow Chef Development Programme
If you have any queries, please contact Raluca Misztela, HR at email@example.com
Talbot Hotel Stillorgan Talbot Stillorgan Chef Development Programme
If you have any queries, please contact Raluca Misztela, HR firstname.lastname@example.org
Midleton Park Hotel Midleton Park Chef Development Programme
If you have any queries, please contact Suzanne O’Brien, HR email@example.com
Oriel House Hotel Oriel House Chef Development Programme
If you have any queries, please contact Tina Hawkins, HR firstname.lastname@example.org